SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 9 July 2019

I will always feel at home in Cap Ferrat


..or shall I say Nice, where I lived for about 1.5 years? The fact is, that Nice will always be home, but it was actually Cap Ferrat, a once small fishing village, that has stolen my heart. It was here when, one day sitting with my husband and our first baby on the way, by the beach called Paloma, it all felt like a dream.


I am writing this thinking, if I should stop now and keep it a secret, after all this is one of my favourite places in the world, still not really touched by tourism. :) We first discovered it on our second visit to the South of France in 2008 and kept coming back ever since.




San-Jean-Cap-Ferrat is located on a peninsula not far from Nice, near charming Beaulieu-sur-Mer and Villefranche-sur-Mer, another two of my favourites. This is a truly unique place, with mild Mediterranean climate, sheltered from Mistral winds by the mountains, and fantastic atmosphere for those seeking peace, tranquility and pure bliss. A favourite destination since the 19th century, frequented by kings and wealthy visitors, Cap Ferrat is still today one of those places that makes your heart sing.




Today, whenever I am in Nice or surrounding little towns I always come back to Cap Ferrat. We usually have lunch on the beach, enjoy the marina or walk around the small peninsula (St Hospice).


There is more to Cap Ferrat then charming little beaches and stunning marina and I will tell you more in future posts.




My dear mum is as excited to visit Cap Ferrat as I am. It is one of our favourite places to be.


See you soon..

Post a Comment